Thursday, January 20, 2011

A day out on the town!

Today's schedule allowed us to explore Jerusalem a little more. I have visited the Old City many a time but I finally got to know West Jerusalem. West Jerusalem is much more modernized and easy to navigate. The best part of the whole venture was the open air market which we had to rush through in order to arrive back in time for out 4 o'clock class. I will definitely be going back. I had a chance to used the very little of Hebrew I have learned in saying Ma Nishma? and responding Be'Seder when ask in return. Though there are SO many incredible sites here I think the most enjoyable portions of my trip so far have been talking with the locals, store keepers, people in the streets the people here are so friendly and inviting! In order to avoid the cost of taxis and the inconvience of the bus we walk EVERYWHERE! I can honestly say that I walk up hill both ways anywhere I go. This country is made of hills. Today I walked for over 5 hours straight and really worked up an appetite! We had the most amazing ice cream on Ben Yehuda Street! I don't think I will ever be satisfied with American ice cream again...they had Ferro Rocher flavored ice cream! Another announcement: I FINALLY found envelopes!! It can be really hard to find stuff when you can't read a lot of signs...Anyways I was really excited about that find today! Well this will have to be a short entry. I will write much more tomorrow, I just need to get crackin' on the school work :) Til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment