Saturday, January 22, 2011

"I'm trying to be like Jesus"

Okay I know I said that was my last entry for awhile...but I have had such a fantastic Sabbath! I just have to share. It all began with sacrament meeting. The talks were all superb! One talk was about repentance and there was a statement made that "repentance is for those who are not yet perfect." Which is all of us. It made me realize that I need to be more repentant. I need to get on my knees and ask my Father in Heaven for forgiveness each day. The talk was ended with the song "I am trying to be like Jesus." I have decided that it is my favorite song. If I put that as my motto each day I can become what I want to become. It's amazing how the most profound things you'll learn are often what you learned in primary. I am so grateful to be serving in the primary. I learn so much each week from those sweet girls.
After church I spent the afternoon at the Garden Tomb with a few friends. We spent a majority of our time singing Hymns. As we stood in our small little circle there was such a strong spirit there. I could tell that others around us felt it as well as they began to stop to listen or take pictures. A man and his wife actually asked to join us for a few songs. Though we were of different faiths, we shared our belief in Christ and I felt like they were truly my brothers and sisters. Though I can not share my faith with others in this beautiful land I can share the light of my testimony through my actions. I am surrounded by peers with good hearts and powerful influence and I can feel them lifting me to be something more than I am. I love this gospel, that it brings people together in the quest of returning to our Heavenly Father. That God places people in our paths to help us reach our eternal goal. I am sure by now I am not making sense...but these are my thoughts. I know my Savior lives I know He is the Son of God. I am ever grateful for Him in volunteering to be our Savior and partaking of that bitter cup.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having such a great time! YOur words lift me each time I read from your blog! I love you Susie.
    ~ Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're having such wonderful spiritual experiences. I'll be sending your birthday gifts tomorrow! I can't believe that you'll be 21! How did that happen! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie!

    Your mom told me about your blog. I came right to it, and can't wait it to show Annie & Katie. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Love,

    Aunt Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,

    I love reading about your experiences. You have a real talent in expressing yourself in print. I am excited to hear about your experiences in Egypt.
    Love,
    DAD

    ReplyDelete